Job Level: Postdoctoral Research Assistant
Link to Research Gate: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Cinthia_Alegre_Gresa
Cinthia Alegre, born in Teruel (Spain) in 1981, has been working at the CNR-ITAE since April 2013. Chemical graduate and PhD in Engineering and Environmental Technologies at the Universidad de Zaragoza and Instituto de Carboquímica (CSIC) (Spain) She carries out science activities concerning the development of materials and components, and the characterisation of the components’ solid state for iron-air batteries, and yet electrochemical investigation of iron-air batteries. Furthermore, her experience also encompasses synthesis of carbon-based materials, fuel cells catalysts and electrochemical systems, low temperature fuel cells. She coauthored 22 SCI publications (h-index 8) and took part in more than 30 international conferences.
- Pd supported on Ti-suboxides as bifunctional catalyst for air electrodes of metal-air batteries. C. Alegre, E. Modica, C. Lo Vecchio, S. Siracusano, A.S. Aricò, V. Baglio. International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 2016, in press.
- Carbon nanofibers as advanced Pd catalyst supports for the air electrode of alkaline metal-air batteries. C. Alegre, E. Modica, C. Lo Vecchio, D. Sebastián, M.J. Lázaro, A.S. Aricò, V. Baglio. ChemPlusChem 80 (2015) 1384–1388.
- Investigation of the activity and stability of Pd-based catalysts towards the oxygen reduction (ORR) and evolution reactions (OER) in Iron–air batteries. C. Alegre, A. Stassi, E. Modica, C. Lo Vecchio, A.S. Aricò, V. Baglio. RSC Advances 5 (2015) 25424-25427.
- A nanostructured bifunctional Pd/C gas-diffusion electrode for metal-air batteries. R.D Mckerracher, C. Alegre, V. Baglio, A.S. Aricò, C. Ponce De León, F. Mornaghini, M. Rodlert, F.C. Walsh. Electrochimica Acta 174 (2015) 508–515
- Investigation of supported Pd-based electrocatalysts for the oxygen reduction reaction: performance, durability and methanol tolerance. C. Lo Vecchio, C. Alegre, D. Sebastian, A. Stassi, A.S. Aricò, V. Baglio. Materials 8(12) (2015) 7997-8008.
- Sulfurized carbon xerogels as Pt support with enhanced activity for fuel cell applications. C. Alegre, D. Sebastián, M.E. Gálvez, R. Moliner, M.J. Lázaro. Applied Catalysis B: Environmental 192 (2016) 260–267.
- Towards new generation fuel cell electrocatalysts based on xerogel-nanofiber carbon composites. D. Sebastián, C. Alegre, M.E. Gálvez, R. Moliner, M.J. Lázaro, A.S. Aricò, V. Baglio. Journal of Materials Chemistry A 2 (2014) 13713-13722.
- Towards an optimal synthesis route for the preparation of highly mesoporous carbon xerogel-supported Pt catalysts for the oxygen reduction reaction. C. Alegre, M.E. Gálvez, R. Moliner, V. Baglio, A.S. Aricò, M.J. Lázaro. Applied Catalysis B: Environmental 147 (2014) 947-957.
- Platinum ruthenium catalysts supported on carbon xerogel for methanol electro-oxidation: Influence of the Catalyst Synthesis Method. C. Alegre, M.E. Gálvez, R. Moliner, V. Baglio, A. Stassi, A.S. Aricò, M.J. Lázaro. ChemCatChem 5 (2013) 3770–3780.
- Oxygen-functionalized highly mesoporous carbon xerogel based catalysts for direct methanol fuel cell anodes. C. Alegre, M.E. Gálvez, E. Baquedano, R. Moliner, E. Pastor, M.J. Lázaro. Journal of Physical Chemistry C 2013, 117 (25), pp 13045–13058.