Research Gate: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Antonino_Bonanno
Short C.V.:Antonino Bonanno took his Master’s degree in Materials Engineering at the University of Messina (Italy) in July 2004. In 2005 he took the Post Graduate II level Master in “Fluid Power” at the University of Modena and Reggio Emilia (Italy).
From 2005 to 2010 he was fixed term researcher at the CNR-IMAMOTER (Institute of Agricultural and Earthmoving Machines of the Italian National Research Council, Ferrara – Italy).
From 2010 to June 2018 he was permanent researcher at CNR-IMAMOTER. His research activities were focused on: application of FRP materials to hydraulic components, use of nanostructured (amphyphobic) materials to reduce friction in mechanic and hydraulic components, Fluid Dynamic and Finite Element simulations, 1D simulation of hydraulic circuit, multibody simulation of industrial machines. He was also involved in standardization activities under ISO and CEN. He was coordinator and scientific responsible of many research projects financed by national and international bodies.
From July 2018 he is permanent researcher at the Institute for Advanced Technology for Energy (CNR-ITAE). He works in the STI (System Thermal Integration) research group. His research activities are focused on experimental analysis and modeling development of adsorption heat pumps, thermal storage systems, heat pipes, etc.
Since 2010 he has been teacher of Machinery Directive (2006/42/CE), FEM and FTA techniques, Hydrostatic transmissions at the Executive Master in Fluid Power organized from Democentersipe, Modena. He was also involved in of many other industrial courses organized under direct industrial request.
Since 2014 he has been research projects scientific evaluator for the Italian Ministry of Industrial Development (MISE)
In 2016 he was assistant professor of “Oil Hydraulic Technology” at the University of Ferrara (Italy)
In 2017 he taught “Hydraulic and Pneumatic Automation Technology” at the Free University of Bolzano (Italy).
From May 2018 he is HAS Consultant for the conformity evaluation of the harmonized standards (Directive 2006/42/EC) for the European Commission.
Degree: Materials Engineering
Scientific activity: experimental analysis of adsorption heat pumps, thermal storage systems, heat pipes. CFD analysis. Thermal component and system modelling (Dymola).
- Nicolò Beccati, Cristian Ferrari, Antonino Bonanno, Matteo Balestra (2019) Calibration of a CFD discharge process model of an off-road self-loading concrete mixer, Journal of the Brazilian Society of Mechanical Sciences and Engineering, DOI: 10.1007/s40430-019-1578-1
- Bonanno, M.R. Raimondo, S. Zapperi (2019) Surface Nanostructured Coating for Improved Performance of Axial Piston Pumps, Springer, London (Regno Unito) in Factories of the Future – The Italian Flagship Initiative, 2019, ISBN: 978-3-319-94357-2
- Bonanno, M.R. Raimondo, M. Pinelli (2019) Use of nanostructured coating to improve heat exchanger efficiency Springer, London (Regno Unito) in Factories of the Future – The Italian Flagship Initiative, 2019, ISBN: 978-3-319-94357-2
- Bonanno, V. Crupi, G. Epasto, E. Guglielmino, G. Palomba (2018) Aluminium honeycomb sandwich for protective structures of earth moving machines in Procedia structural integrity, DOI: 10.1016/j.prostr.2017.12.034
- Ambra Fioravanti, Antonino Bonanno, Maria Cristina Carotta, Giorgio Paolo Massarotti, Sara Morandi, Nicolò Riboni and Federica Bianchi (2018) Novel Methodology Based on Thick Film Gas Sensors to Monitor the Hydraulic Oil Ageing in Proceedings (MDPI), DOI: 10.3390/proceedings2130944
- Francioso L.; Malucelli G.; Fioravanti A.; De Pascali C.; Signore M.A.; Carotta M.C.; Bonanno A.; Duraccio D. (2018) UV-Cured Composite Films Containing ZnO Nanostructures: Effect of Filler Shape on Piezoelectric Response in AISEM Annual Conference on Sensors and Microsystems, Lecce, 21-23 Febbraio 2017, DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-66802-4_40
- Ambra Fioravanti, Antonino Bonanno, Mauro Mazzocchi, Maria Cristina Carotta, Michele Sacerdoti (2017) Enhanced Gas Sensing Properties of Different ZnO 3D Hierarchical Structures in Advances in Science and Technology (Online), DOI: 10.4028/www.scientific.net/AST.99.48
- Bonanno, M. Raimondo, F. Veronesi, G.P. Massarotti (2017) Nanostructured Coating Used to Reduce Friction in MRS FALL MEETING & EXIBITION, BOSTON, 26/11-01/12/2017
- Malucelli, A. Fioravanti, L. Francioso, C. De Pascali, M.A. Signore, M.C. Carotta, A. Bonanno, D. Duraccio (2017) Preparation and characterization of UV-cured composite films containing ZnO nanostructures: Effect of filler geometric features on piezoelectric response in Progress in organic coatings (Print), DOI: 10.1016/j.porgcoat.2017.04.020
- A Fioravanti and A Bonanno and S Gherardi and M C Carotta and A N Skouloudis (2016) A portable air-quality station based on thick film gas sensors for real time detection of traces of atmospheric pollutants in IOP conference series. Materials science and engineering (Online) DOI: 1088/1757-899X/108/1/012005
- Rizzo; G.P. Massarotti; A. Bonanno; R. Paoluzzi; M. Raimondo; M. Blosi; F. Veronesi; A. Caldarelli; G. Guarini (2015) Axial piston pumps slippers with nano-coated surfaces to reduce friction in International journal of fluid power, DOI: 10.1080/14399776.2015.1006979