Training – Degree in Industrial Chemistry earned at the University at the Faculty of Sciences at the University of Messina.
He is Research Supervisor at the CNR-ITAE, former Chairman of the (ICE Italian Section) WG 105 Fuel Cells, an expert on energy matters in the CEI (Italian Electrotechnical Committee) Commission (MIUR – Ministry of Universities and Research, DG TREN, IEA), former member of the SRA and work team IP HFC Platform. He is a member of the Energy Plan Department for the Sicily region, he is the author of more than 200 ISI works relating to the energy field (h-index 48). Former Vice President of the research team of the JTI (European Commission) for the activities on hydrogen and 7 PQ fuel cells. Fomer member of the EUREC board, CNR representative in EERA Smart Grid and Smart Cities.
- Antonucci, V.; Branchini, L.; Brunaccini, G.; De Pascale, A.; Ferraro, M.; Melino, F.; Orlandini, V.; Sergi, F, Thermal integration of a SOFC power generator and a Na–NiCl2 battery for CHP domestic application, Applied Energy, 185 (2017) 1256-1267,
- Sergi, F.; Arista, A.; Agnello, G.; Ferraro, M.; Andaloro, L.; Antonucci, V., Characterization and comparison between lithium iron phosphate and lithium-polymers batteries , Journal of Energy Storage, 8, (2016) 235-243
- A. Di Blasi, C. Busacca, O. Di Blasi, N. Briguglio, G. Squadrito, V. Antonucci. “Synthesis of flexible electrodes based on electrospun carbon nanofibers with Mn3O4 nanoparticles for vanadium redox flow battery application”. Applied Energy, vol. 190 (2017) 165-171.
- O. Di Blasi, N. Briguglio, C. Busacca, M. Ferraro, V. Antonucci, A. Di Blasi. “Electrochemical investigation of thermically treated graphene oxides as electrode materials for vanadium redox flow battery”. Applied Energy, vol. 147 (2015) 74-81.
- Aricò, A.S., Siracusano, S., Briguglio, N., Baglio, V., Di Blasi, A., Antonucci, V. Polymer electrolyte membrane water electrolysis: Status of technologies and potential applications in combination with renewable power sources (2013) Journal of Applied Electrochemistry, 43 (2), pp. 107-118.
- Frazzica, A.; Briguglio, N.; Sapienza, A.; Freni, A.; Brunaccini, G.; Antonucci, V.; Ferraro, M. Analysis of different heat pumping technologies integrating small scale solid oxide fuel cell system for more efficient building heating systems. International journal of hydrogen energy, 40 (2015) 14746-14756.
- De Lorenzo G.; Andaloro L.; Sergi F.; Napoli G.; Ferraro M.; Antonucci V. Numerical simulation model for the preliminary design of hybrid electric city bus power train with polymer electrolyte fuel cell. International journal of hydrogen energy, 39 (2014) 1234-1294.
- Sergi, F.,Andaloro, L.,Napoli, G.,Randazzo, N.,Antonucci, V., Development and realization of a hydrogen range extender hybrid city bus, Journal of power sources, 250 (2014) 286-295.
- Longo, S.,Antonucci, V.,Cellura, M.,Ferraro, M., Life cycle assessment of storage systems: The case study of a sodium/nickel chloride battery. Journal of Cleaner Production (2014)
- Andaloro L.; Napoli G.; Sergi F.; Dispenza G.; Antonucci V., Design of a hybrid electric fuel cell power train for an urban bus. International journal of hydrogen energy, 38 (2013) 7725-7732.