Link to Research Gate: n.d.
Chemical Sciences graduate in Brazil at the Diocesan University Centre in the southwestern region of Paraná, Brazil, in 2005. After being awarded her Degree, in 2006, she attended a Master’s program financed by the Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Cientifico y Tecnológico, Ministério da Ciência, Tecnologia e Inovação (CNPQ) at the Institute of Chemistry in São Carlos (IQSC), University of São Paulo. The activity entailed the preparation and characterisation of cathodes for PEM fuel cells. In 2009, doctoral research fellow financed by the CNPQ and attended at the IQSC. The study concerned the synthesis and the characterisation of anode materials for direct ethanol fuel cells (DEFC) and the research carried out on the stability of these catalysts. In 2013, postdoctoral research fellow at the Advanced Energy Technology Institute “Nicola Giordano” studying the development of electrocatalyst materials for direct ethanol and methanol fuel cells. Currently, she is a Research Officer and she deals with studying materials for the direct oxidation of organic fuels (methane, biogas, ehtanol, even in presence of sulphur-based odorizing agents) in SOFC cells. Such study aims at simplifying the system/plant and at increasing the life cycle since there is no need to employ water and to treat and purify the fuel.
- S.C.Zignani., V. Baglio, D. Sebastián, T.A Rocha., E.R Gonzalez, A.S Aricò. Investigation of PtNi/C as methanol tolerant electrocatalyst for the oxygen reduction reaction.Journal of Electroanalalytical Chemistry. 2016 v.763 p.10-17 DOI: 10.1016/j.jelechem.2015.12.044.
- S.C.Zignani., V. Baglio, D. Sebastián, S. Siracusano. A.S Aricò. Enhancing ethanol oxidation rate at PtRu electro-catalysts using metal-oxide additives. Electrochimica Acta. 2016 v.191 p.183-191. DOI: 10.1016/j.electacta.2016.01.085.
- M. Lo Faro, S. Trocino S. C. Zignani, C. Italiano, R. M. Reis, E. A. Ticianelli, A. S. Arico. Nickel-Iron/Gadolinium-Doped Ceria (CGO) Composite Electrocatalyst as a Protective Layer for a Solid-Oxide Fuel Cell Anode Fed with Biofuels. ChemCatChem. v.8 (3), p.648-655. DOI: 10.1002/cctc.201501090.
- M. Lo Faro, R. M. Reis, G. G. A. Saglietti, S. C. Zignani,S. Trocino, P. Frontera, P. L. Antonucci, E. A. Ticianelli, A. S. Arico. Investigation of Ni-based alloy/CGO electro-catalysts as protective layer for a solid oxide fuel cell anode fed with ethanol. J Appl Electrochem. 2015 v.45 p. 647–656 DOI 10.1007/s10800-015-0849-5.
- M. Lo Faro, S. Trocino, S. C. Zignani, A. S. Aricò, G. Maggio, C. Italiano, C. Fabiano, L. Pino, A. Vita Study of a Solid Oxide Fuel Cell fed with n-dodecane reformate. Part I: Endurance test International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 2016, p. 5741–5747 DOI:10.1016/j.ijhydene.2016.02.119.
- M. Lo Faro, S. Trocino, S. C. Zignani, R. Machado Reis, G. Monforte, E. A. Ticianelli, and A. S. Aricò. Ni-based Alloys as Protective Layer for a Conventional Solid Oxide Fuel Cell Fed with Biofuels. ECS Trans. 2015 v. 68, issue 1, p. 2653-2658. DOI:10.1149/06801.2653ecst.
- S. Trocino, M. Lo Faro, S. C. Zignani, G. Monforte, and A. S. Aricò. Electrochemical Investigation of a Large SOFC Fed with n-Dodecane Reformate. ECS Trans. 2015 v. 68, issue 1, p. 2845-2849. DOI: 10.1149/06801.2845ecst.
- Arico A.S.; Sebastian D.; Zignani S.C.; Baglio V. Electrocatalysis of direct methanol and ethanol oxidation in polymer electrolyte fuel cells ECS Trans. 2015, p. 833-845.
- S. C. Zignani, V. Baglio, E. R. Gonzalez, A. S Arico. Durability of a PtSn Ethanol Oxidation Electrocatalyst ChemElectroChem 2014, v. 1, p 1403-1406, DOI: 10.1002/celc.201400014.
- M. Lo Faro, R. M. Reis, G.G.A. Saglietti, A. G. Sato, E. A. Ticianelli, S. C. Zignani, A.S. Aricò. Nickel-Copper/Gadolinium-Doped Ceria (CGO) Composite Electrocatalyst as Protective Layer for a Solid Oxide Fuel Cell anode fed with Ethanol. ChemElectroChem. 2014 v.1, p. 1395 – 1402, DOI: 10.1002/celc.201402017.