Job Level: Researcher, Indefinite-term contract (III level)
link a Research Gate: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Cristina_Italiano
Short CV :
Education Qualifications and Specializations:
Degree in Industrial Chemistry, University of Messina, 2008
PhD in “Chemical Technology and Innovative Processes”, University of Messina, 2013
Synthesis and characterisation of new structured catalytic materials (monoliths and foams) for hydrogen production through reforming processes (dry reforming,steam reforming, partial oxidation, oxy-steam reforming, autothermal reforming) of fossil fuels (natural gas, GPL, diesel) and renewable fuels (biogas, bio-ethanol).
Synthesis and characterisation of semiconductors for hydrogen production through photocatalytic water splitting process.
Development of porous materials for CO2 and H2S separation and biogas purification.
Usage of software for process simulation (AspenTech, PRO/II).
Collaboration in the design and realisation of hydrogen generators and/or syngas integrated with fuel cells systems for mobile and station application.
Author and co-author of 20 publications, 6 conference proceedings, various technical reports.
She is the winner of four science prizes: i) young researcher prize (WHEC 2014), ii) best presentation prize (AIChE Annual Meeting, 2014), iii) best presentation prize (AIChE Annual Meeting, 2014), iv) best poster presentation prize (IMPRES 2016).
Participation in more than 40 national and international conferences.
- “Hydrogen-rich gas production by steam reforming of n-dodecane. Part I: Catalytic activity of Pt/CeO2 catalysts in optimized bed configuration”, A. Vita, C. Italiano, C. Fabiano, L. Pino, M. Laganà, V. Recupero, Appl. Catal. B 199 (2016) 350-360.
- “Study of a solid oxide fuel cell fed with n-dodecane reformate. Part II: Effect of the reformate composition”, M. Lo Faro, S. Trocino, S. Campagna Zignani, C. Italiano, A. Vita, A.S. Aricò, Int. J. Hydrogen Energy 41 (2016) 5741-5747;
- “Preparation of structured catalysts with Ni and Ni-Rh/CeO2 catalytic layers for syngas production by biogas reforming processes”, C. Italiano, R. Balzarotti, A. Vita, S. Latorrata, C. Fabiano, L. Pino, C. Cristiani, Catal. Today 273 (2016) 3-11.
- “Design of a biogas steam reforming reactor: A modeling and experimental approach”, F. Cipitì, O. Barbera, N. Briguglio, G. Giacoppo, C. Italiano, A. Vita, Int. J. Hydrogen Energy 41 (2016) 11577-11583;
- “Study of a solid oxide fuel cell fed with n-dodecane reformate. Part I: Endurance test”, M. Lo Faro, S. Trocino, S. Campagna Zignani, A.S. Aricò, G. Maggio, C. Italiano, C. Fabiano, L. Pino, A. Vita, Int. J. Hydrogen Energy (doi: 10.1016/j.ijhydene.2016.06.048);
- “Sorbents with high efficiency for CO2 capture, based on amines-supported carbon for biogas upgrading”, L. Pino, C. Italiano, A. Vita, C. Fabiano, V. Recupero, J. Environ. Sci. (doi:10.1016/j.jes.2016.01.029);
- “The oncoming energy vector: Hydrogen produced in Pd-composite membrane reactor via bioethanol reforming over Ni/CeO2 catalyst”, A. Iulianelli, S. Liguori, A. Vita, C. Italiano, C. Fabiano, Y. Huang, A. Basile, Catal. Today 259 (2016) 368-375;
- “Bio-hydrogen production by oxidative steam reforming of biogas over nanocrystalline Ni/CeO2 catalysts”, C. Italiano, A. Vita, C. Fabiano, M. Laganà, L. Pino, Int. J. Hydrogen Energy 40 (2015) 11823-11830;
- “Influence of precursor and fuel on structure and catalytic activity of combustion synthesized Ni/CeO2 catalysts for biogas oxidative steam reforming”, A. Vita, C. Italiano, C. Fabiano, M. Laganà, L. Pino, Mat. Chem. Phys. 163 (2015) 337-347;
- “Highly active screen-printed electrocatalysts for water oxidation based on β-manganese oxide”, M. Fekete, R. K. Hocking, S.L.Y. Chang, C. Italiano, A.F. Patti, F. Arena and L. Spiccia, Energy Environ. Sci. 6 (2013) 2222-2232;