Job Level: Research Agency Techical Officer (Italian C.T.E.R.) IV level.
Education Qualifications and Specializations: Licensed, Qualified Industrial Technician
Since 1986, Mr. Laganà has been carrying out the scientific activity at the ITAE that basically concerns fuel cells systems for energy production, catalytic systems for the reduction of carbon monoxide and the production of hydrogen from light hydrocarbons.
The main assignments revolve around mechanical, hydraulic, electric and electronic design of prototypes for hydrogen production and purification, and functional verification test of systems.
2D and 3D CAD Designer, IT Manager and Lab Technician ad Manager for the PROJECT “R&D Hydrogen production”.
Expert on characterisation systems, such as Gas-Chromatography, Mass Spectrometry, and scanning microscopy.
Tech-science Manager of the SEM-EDX (probe) scanning microscopy characterisation lab.
- A. Vita, C. Italiano, C. Fabiano, L. PINO, M. Laganà, V. Recupero, ” Hydrogen-rich gas production by steam reforming of n-dodecanePart I: Catalytic activity of Pt/CeO2 catalysts in optimized bed configuration” Appl. Catal. B 199 (2016) 350-360
- A. Vita C. Italiano, C. Fabiano, M. Laganà, L. Pino (2015). Influence of precursor and fuel on structure and catalytic activity of combustion synthesized Ni/CeO2 catalysts for biogas oxidative steam reforming, Mat. Chem. Phys. 163, 337-347
- Fabiano, C. Italiano, A. Vita, L. Pino, M. Laganà, V. Recupero (2016), Performance of 1.5 Nm3/h hydrogen generator by steam reforming of n-dodecane for naval applications, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, In Press, Corrected Proof, Available online 8 August 2016
- Italiano, A. Vita, C. Fabiano, M. Laganà, L. Pino (2015). Bio-hydrogen production by oxidative steam reforming of biogas over nanocrystalline Ni/CeO2 catalysts, Int. J. Hydrogen Energy, 40, 11823-11830
- L. PINO, A. Vita, M. Laganà, V. Recupero, “Hydrogen from biogas: Catalytic tri-reforming process with Ni/La-Ce-O mixed oxides”, Applied Catalysis B: Environmental 148-149 (2014) 91-105
- Vita, L.Pino, F. Cipitì, M. Laganà, V. Recupero (2014). Biogas as renewable raw material for syngas production by tri-reforming process over NiCeO2 catalysts: Optimal operative condition and effect of nickel content. FUEL PROCESSING TECHNOLOGY, vol. 127, p. 47-58
- Cipitı` L. Pino, A. Vita, M. Lagana`, V. Recupero (2013). Experimental investigation on a methane fuel processor for polymer electrolyte fuel cells. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF HYDROGEN ENERGY, vol. 38, p. 2387-2397
- Pino, A. VITA, F.Cipitì, M. Laganà, V. Recupero (2011). Hydrogen production by methane tri-reforming process over Ni–ceria catalysts: Effect of La-doping. APPLIED CATALYSIS. B, ENVIRONMENTAL, vol. 104, p. 64-73
- VITA, L. PINO, F. CIPITÌ, M. LAGAN AND V. RECUPERO (2010). Structured reactors as alternative to pellets catalyst for propane oxidative steam reforming. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF HYDROGEN ENERGY, vol. 35, p. 9810-9817
- CIPITI, L.PINO, A. VITA, M.LAGANA, V. RECUPERO (2009). Model-based analysis of reactor geometrical configuration on CO preferential oxidation performance. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF HYDROGEN ENERGY, vol. 34, p. 4-446