Job Level Researcher III level
Link to Research Gate: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Massimiliano_Lo_Faro
In 2013, he was awarded a degree in Industrial Chemistry at the University of Catania. After being awarded his BA degree, he attended a Master on “”Design and Testing of fuel cells electrical propulsion equipment for sustainable mobility” at the CNR – Advanced Energy Technology Institute “Nicola Giordano” (ITAE). In March 2008, he was awarded a PhD in Environmental and Energy Materials at the University of Roma TorVergata. For his research in the field of Environmental and Energy Electrochemistry, in 2005, 2007, and 2009, Massimiliano earned Scholarships receiving them from the Electrochemical Society (ECS). In 2011, the H2Roma Forum awarded one of the prizes relating to energy and mobility to him. In 2005, he earned a short term transfer as appointed by the CNR and carried out at the University of Tessaglia, Greece, where he conducted research on the development of “single chamber” solid oxide fuel cells. From 2010 to 2012, Massimiliano Lo Faro was the Coordinator of “Italian Young Chemists” (SCI) and the representative of the analogous European Group (EYCN-EuCheMS). Since 2013, he has been the foreign Science Manager for a research activity on the employment of bioethanol in solid oxide fuel cells at the University of Sao Paulo – Brasil. Currently, he is a permanent researcher at the National Research Council (CNR) and carries out the research activity on the development of materials and components for solid oxide fuel cells (SOFC) operating at intermediate temperatures (600-800 °C). He took part in various national and international projects, as well as private partnership contracts, and he also is the referee for many science magazines and sector science projects.
- Lo Faro, M., Trocino, S., Zignani, S.C., Vita, A. Aricò, A.S., Study of a Solid Oxide Fuel Cell fed with n-dodecane reformate. Part II: Effect of the reformate composition (2016) International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, in press 2.
- Lo Faro, M., Trocino, S., Zignani, S.C., Aricò, A.S., Maggio, G., Italiano, C., Fabiano, C., Pino, L., Vita, A.Study of a Solid Oxide Fuel Cell fed with n-dodecane reformate. Part I: Endurance test(2016) International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 41 (13), pp.5741-5747.
- Lo Faro, M., Trocino, S., Zignani, S.C., Italiano, C., Reis, R.M., Ticianelli, E.A., Aricò, A.S.Nickel–Iron/Gadolinium‐Doped Ceria (CGO) Composite Electrocatalyst as a Protective Layer for a Solid‐Oxide Fuel Cell Anode Fed with Biofuels (2016) ChemCatChem, 8 (3), pp. 648-655.
- Lo Faro, M., Trocino, S., Zignani, S.C., Aricò, A.S., Solid oxide fuel cells (2016) Compendium of Hydrogen Energy, Volume 3: Hydrogen Energy Conversion, pp. 89-114.
- Manenti, F., Pelosato, R., Vallevi, P., Leon-Garzon, A.R., Dotelli, G., Vita, A. Lo Faro, M., Maggio, G., Pino, L., Aricò, A.S., Biogas-fed solid oxide fuel cell (SOFC) coupled to tri-reforming process: Modelling and simulation (2015) International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 40 (42), pp.14640-14650.
- Lo Faro, M., Reis, R.M., Saglietti, G.G.A., Zignani, S.C., Trocino, S., Frontera, P., Antonucci, P.L., Ticianelli, E.A., Aricò, A.S.Investigation of Ni-based alloy/CGO electro-catalysts as protective layer for a solid oxide fuel cell anode fed with ethanol(2015) Journal of Applied Electrochemistry, 45 (7), pp. 647-656.
- Lo Faro, M., Frontera, P., Antonucci, P., Aricò, A.S. Ni-Cu based catalysts prepared by two different methods and their catalytic activity toward the ATR of methane (2015) Chemical Engineering Research and Design, 93, pp. 269-277.
- Lo Faro, M., Reis, R.M., Saglietti, G.G.A., Sato, A.G., Ticianelli, E.A., Zignani, S.C., Aricò, A.S. Nickel-Copper/Gadolinium-Doped Ceria (CGO) Composite Electrocatalyst as a Protective Layer for a Solid-Oxide Fuel Cell Anode Fed with Ethanol (2014) ChemElectroChem, 1 (8), pp. 1395-1402.
- Lo Faro, M., Aricò, A.S. Electrochemical behaviour of an all-perovskite-based intermediate temperature solid oxide fuel cell (2013) International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 38 (34), pp. 14773-14778.
- Lo Faro, M., Aricò, A.S. Ceramic membranes for intermediate temperature solid oxide fuel cells (SOFCs): State of the art and perspectives (2013) Membranes for Clean and Renewable Power Applications, pp. 237-265.