CTER Job Level
Since May 1986, he has been collaborating with ITAE. From January 1998 to December 2000, he worked under a fixed-term contract. Since December 2000, he has been working under a permanent employment contract. He is involved in the scientific activity basically concerning the research field relating to the BCT work team activity he is part of: “Biomass Conversion Technologies”. In particular, he gained a long-standing experience in the design and realisation of lab-microplants and systems for the study of Steam and Autothermal Reforming catalyst reactions. He takes care of managing an equipment for the determination of the porous solids Surface Area. He is Network Services Supervisor and Administrator, and Domain Manager.
Current Education Qualification: Research Agency Technical Officer, IV Level
- S.Cavallaro, N. Mondello, and S.Freni. “Hydrogen produced from ethanol for internal reforming molten carbonate fuel cell”. Journal of Power Sources 102 (2001) 198-204.
2. S.Freni, S.Cavallaro, N. Mondello, L.Spadaro, F.Frusteri. “Steam Reforming of ethanol on Ni/MgO catalysts: H2 production for MCFC”. Journal of Power Sources 108 (2002) 53-57.
3. S.Freni, S.Cavallaro, N. Mondello, L.Spadaro, F.Frusteri. “Production of hydrogen for MC fuel Cell by steam reforming of ethanol over MgO supported Ni and Co catalysts”. Catalysis Comunications 4 (2003) 259-268.
4. P. Staiti, F. Lufrano, N. Mondello, L. Spadaro. “Influence of nitric acid treatment of carbon on capacitance performance of an all solid state supercapacitor”. The 13th International Seminar on Double Layer Capacitors and Hybrid Energy Storage Devices (2003).
- Cavallaro, N. Mondello, and S.Freni “Hydrogen produced from ethanol for internal reforming molten carbonate fuel cell “Journal of Power Sources 102 (2001) 198-204
- S.Cavallaro, V.Chiodo, S.Freni, N. Mondello, F.Frusteri. “Performance of Rh/Al2O3 catalyst in the steam reforming of ethanol: H2 production for MCFC” Applied Catalysis A: General 249 (2003) 119-128
- S.Freni, S.Cavallaro, N. Mondello, L.Spadaro, F.Frusteri. “Steam Reforming of ethanol on Ni/MgO catalysts: H2 production for MCFC” Journal of Power Sources 108 (2002) 53-57
8.S.Freni, N. Mondello, S.Cavallaro, G.Cacciola, V.N. Pardon and V.A. Sobyanin. “Hydrogen Production by Steam Reforming of Ethanol: A Two Step Process” React. Kinet. Catal. Lett. 71, 143-152 , n.1 (2000)
- F. Frusteri, F. Arena, C. Espro, N. Mondello and A. Parmaliana. “Partial Oxidation of Light Paraffins on Supported Superacid Catalytic membranes” Natural Gas Conversion V, NGCS 1998 (Elsevier Science Publishers, B.V. Amsterdam) Studies on Surface Science and Catalysis Vol. 119, 447-452 (1998)
- Parmaliana, F. Frusteri, F. Arena, N. Mondello and N. Giordano “Activity and Characterisation of Alkali Doped Ni/MgO Catalysts” “Structure and Reactivity of Surfaces” (C..Morterra, A.Zecchina and G.Costa Eds, Elsevier Science Publishers B. V. Amsterdam 1989), Studies in Surfaces Science and Catalysis Vol 48, 739 – 748 (1989)