Research Gate: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Valeria_Palomba
Short CV : born in Messina in 1989. She was awarded a degree in Industrial Engineering in 2011 at the University of Messina, and, in 2013, the Master’s Degree in Materials Engineering at the same University. She obtained a PhD in Engineering and Chemistry of Materials and Structures, with Doctor Europaeus mention, in December 2017. She was visiting researcher in April-May 2016 at Fraunhofer ISE (DE) and in April-July 2017 at University of Lleida (ES). Since november 2017, she holds a Research fellowship at CNR-ITAE.
Degree/Diploma: Msc in Materials Engineering , PhD in ngineering and Chemistry of Materials and Structures
Current Qualification: Research fellow
The main focus of scientific activity is the development of advanced technologies for thermal energy conversion and storage. In particular, her research is mainly devoted to the development and testing of adsorption chillers/heat pumps and thermal energy storage systems using thermo-chemical and latent heat technologies. The activity is based on a strong correlation between modelling of components ( in COMSOL, Dymola environment) and system (TRNSYS), CAD drawing of prototypes, and testing of prototypes, precommercial, and commercial components.
She is the author of 35 articles published on magazines, and around 30 international conference proceedings.
- Palomba, A. Frazzica, Comparative analysis of thermal energy storage technologies through the definition of suitable key performance indicators, Energy Build. 185 (2019) 88–102. doi:10.1016/j.enbuild.2018.12.019.
- Frazzica, V. Brancato, V. Palomba, D. La Rosa, F. Grungo, L. Calabrese, E. Proverbio, Thermal performance of hybrid cement mortar-PCMs for warm climates application, Sol. Energy Mater. Sol. Cells. 193 (2019) 270–280. doi:10.1016/j.solmat.2019.01.022.
- Calabrese, V. Brancato, V. Palomba, A. Frazzica, L.F. Cabeza, Assessment of the hydration/dehydration behaviour of MgSO4∙7H2O filled cellular foams for sorption storage applications through morphological and thermo-gravimetric analyses, Sustain. Mater. Technol. 17 (2018) e00073. doi:10.1016/J.SUSMAT.2018.E00073.
- Brancato, L. Calabrese, V. Palomba, A. Frazzica, M. Fullana-Puig, A. Solé, L.F. Cabeza, MgSO4·7H2O filled macro cellular foams: An innovative composite sorbent for thermo-chemical energy storage applications for solar buildings, Sol. Energy. 173 (2018) 1278–1286. doi:10.1016/J.SOLENER.2018.08.075.
- Brancato, L.G. Gordeeva, A. Sapienza, V. Palomba, S. Vasta, A.D. Grekova, A. Frazzica, Y.I. Aristov, Experimental characterization of the LiCl/vermiculite composite for sorption heat storage applications, Int. J. Refrig. (2018). doi:10.1016/j.ijrefrig.2018.08.006.
- Palomba, A. Frazzica, Recent advancements in sorption technology for solar thermal energy storage applications, Sol. Energy. (2018) 1–37. doi:10.1016/j.solener.2018.06.102.