Education Qualifications and Specializations:
High School Diploma, Qualified Industrial Chemist
Qualification: Tenured Research Agency Technical Officer, IV Level
Equipment Manager of dynamo mechanics analysis equipment
- Preparation of gas diffusion electrodes (GDE) and catalyzed membranes (CM) for fuel cells.
- MEA preparation with both Nafion traditional and non-perfluorophosphonic membranes.
- Chemical-physical characterisation of electrodes and starting materials, which encompasses thickness measures, thermogravimetric analysis, and dynamic mechanical analysis.
- Measurements of electrochemical characterisation in single cell-scale test stations from 5 to 160 cm2 and PEFC stack from 10 W to 5 kW.
- Development of dedicated electrodes and MEA for the realisation of single cell having different geometries and surfaces (from 5 to 160 cm2).
- Development of electrodes and MEA that are suitable for being used in stack configuration.
- Development of electrodes and MEA for electrochemical devices, such as AMFC cells and hydrogen compressor.
- Fabio V. Matera ,Irene Gatto ,Assunta Patti ,Enza Passalacqua Fuel cell performance assessment for closed-loop renewable energy systems Journal of Energy Chemistry Volume 25, Issue 3, May 2016, Pages 531–538
- R. Pedicini, A. Saccà, A. Carbone, I. Gatto, A. Patti and E. Passalacqua, Study on sulphonated polysulphone/polyurethane blend membranes for fuel cell applications, Chemical Physics Letters, Vol. 579, (2013) pp. 100-104.
- A. Stassi, I. GATTO, G. Monforte, A. Patti, E. Passalacqua, V. Baglio, A.S. Aricò, A Study of Pd-based Electrocatalysts for Automotive Applications, 64th Annual Meeting of the International Society of Electrochemistry, Santiago de Querétaro, Mexico, September 8-13, 2013.
- A.S. Aricò, A. Stassi, I. Gatto, G. Monforte, A. Patti, E. Passalacqua, Palladium-based electrocatalysts for oxygen reduction and hydrogen oxidation in intermediate temperature polymer electrolyte fuel cells, EFC13 Roma, Italia, 11-13 December 2013.
- I. Gatto A. Saccà A. Patti A. Carbone D. Sebastian V. Baglio A. Aricò (2016) “Improved Lifetime of Automotive Application Fuel Cells with Low Pt-loading (IMPACT)”, DELIVERABLE REPORT 4.3 “DATA-SET ON ELECTROCHEMICAL ACTIVITY, PERFORMANCE AND STABILITY OF ALL CATALYST FORMULATIONS” Rapp.Est.09/16 (2016)
- Gatto A. Carbone A. Saccà G. Giacoppo A. Patti R. Pedicini F. Matera DEVELOPMENT AND CHARACTERISATION OF INNOVATIVE COMPONENTS FOR PEFC. RESEARCH PROJECT – High Efficiency Technologies for On board Energy and Environmental Sustainability” (TESEO)” (PON02_00153_2939517).OR5 – Study and realisation of highly innovative energy systems specifically developed for mid-long term application in the marine sectorATT. 5.1 – Study and realisation of innovative technologies based on polymer electrolyte fuel cells (PEFC) to be applied in the marine sector FINAL TECHNICAL REPORT Rapp. Est. 12/16 (2016)
- GATTO, A. Saccà, A. Patti, A. Stassi, S. Zignani, V. Baglio, A.S. Aricò Improved Lifetime of Automotive Application Fuel Cells with Low Pt-loading (IMPACT)”, Deliverable Report 4.2: Intermediate report on Cathode catalyst synthesis – Rapp.Est.12/15 (2015)
- R. Pedicini, G. Giacoppo, F. Matera, A. Saccà, A. Carbone, I. Gatto, A. Patti, E. Passalacqua, “Planning agreement CNR-MSE on “Fuel cells for cogeneration stationary application”- Project Line 2: Development of electrochemical accumulators – Task 2.3.4: Design, realisation, and characterisation of an hydrogen storage device based on the material resulting from the previous phase – Final report – 4th year” June 2014 – Rapp.Est. 752014
- I. Gatto, F. Matera, “Improved Lifetime of Automotive Application Fuel Cells with Low Pt-loading (IMPACT)”,Deliverable Report 2.1: Definition of MEA, test cell and stack hardware October 2014 – Rapp.Est. 59/2014
I. Gatto, F. Matera, “Improved Lifetime of Automotive Application Fuel Cells with Low Pt-loading (IMPACT)”,Deliverable Report 2.2: Definition of cell and stack test conditions October 2014 – Rapp.Est. 60/2014