Research gate: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/R_Pedicini
Education Qualifications and Specializations: Degree in Chemistry, University of Messina, 2000
Current Education Qualification: Researcher
- Currently, he is the Manager of the Research Module “Hydrogen storage: materials and applications” concerning the Project “Polymeric Electrolyte Fuel Cells (PEFC) and Hydrogen Storage”.
- Development of components for fuel cells for portable and stationary applications: functionalisation of non-perfluorosulfonic polymers, preparation of polymer blends, and development of membranes.
- Development of materials for hydrogen storage on solid matrix). Such classes encompass the following items: functionalised polymers containing metal oxides (Mn, Fe, Ti, etc.) synthesised in-situ and fixed on the same matrix; metal alanates covering with polymer thin film layers in order to prevent them from oxidation and, therefore, from deactivation; powders of volcanic origin having different features according to their source. Mr. Pedicini carries out an activity relating to the development of materials. Concurrently, he carries out another activity of particular relevance concerning the characterisation of these materials. He personally takes care of it thanks to the theoretical and practical knowledge acquired over time on the following equipment: SEM-EDX, XRD, Volumetric and Gravimetric Analysis e of hydrogen adsorption, porosimetry analysis through BET.
The module research activity also concerns the design phase, the realisation, and the characterisation of tanks containing both commercial and in-lab developed materials. The activity relating to CO2 storage on solid matrix is starting off.
- Since 2011, he takes part in the International Scientific Collaboration Program “COST ACTION MP1103 – WG1 Session” on “Nanostructured Materials for Solid State Hydrogen Storage”.
- Since March 2015, he has been a member of the N-ERGHY-Working Group “Energy Innovation Pillar: Energy to Hydrogen”.
- Since 15 June, he is the technical coordinator of a MoU between CNR-ITAE and Quintana Roo Technological Institute, Mexico.
- Since 17 June, he has been the technical coordinator of a MoU between CNR-ITAE and Quintana Roo Technological Institute, Mexico.
- On 15 July he won the program announced by the CNR “Short Term Mobility” in collaboration with the University of Patrasso-Greece.
- He has been and he is involved in many Research Projects (around 8) on National and European funds holding the task as the member of the ITAE Research Unit.
- As a CNR tutor, he carried out the tutoring activity for Italian (1) and foreign (3) University dissertations/thesis within activities of development of new materials for hydrogen storage. Furthermore, he carried out teaching activities during school courses and at foreign Universities within European contracts and collaborations.
- He is the author and co-author of 24 publications on International magazines, 61 contributions (works, posters, oral presentations) during International Conferences, 33 technical reports for National and International projects.
- In 2014, he carried out activities as the assessor for national project announced by MIUR.
- He regularly carries out activity as a “Reviewer” for many international scientific magazines.
- He is a member of the Editorial Stuff Committee of the following international scientific magazines: 2013 “The Scientific World Journal: Energy”, 2014 “Energy Research Journal”, 2016 “MAYFEB – Journal of Energy”.
- From 15 to 16 January 2016 he was a member of the technical and scientific committee of the Asia Congress on Energy, Environments and Ecology Advances and Development Conference – Dubai, UAE15.
- PEDICINI, A. Saccà, A. Carbone and E. Passalacqua, “Hydrogen Storage based on polymeric material”, International Journal of Hydrogen energy, 36, 9062-9068, 2011.
- Saccà, A, Carbone, R. PEDICINI, I. Gatto, E. Passalacqua, “Composite sPEEK membranes for vanadium redox batteries application”, Procedia Engineering, 44, 1041-43, 2012.
- Giacoppo, O. Barbera, A. Carbone, I. Gatto, A. Saccà, R. PEDICINI, E. Passalacqua, “1.5 kWe HT-PEFC stack with composite MEA for CHP application”, International Journal of Hydrogen energy, 38, 11619-27, 2013.
- PEDICINI, A. Saccà, A. Carbone, I. Gatto, A. Patti and E. Passalacqua “Study on Sulphonated Polysulphone/Polyurethane Blend membranes for Fuel Cell applications”, Chemical Physics Letters, 579, 100–104, 2013.
- Saccà, R. PEDICINI, A. Carbone, I. Gatto, P. Fracas, E. Passalacqua “A preliminary investigation on reinforced double layer Nafion membranes for high temperature PEFCs application”, Chemical Physics Letters 591, 149–155, 2014.
- PEDICINI, B. Schiavo, P. Rispoli, A. Saccà, A. Carbone, I. Gatto, E. Passalacqua, “Progress in Polymeric Material for Hydrogen Storage Application in Middle Conditions”, Energy 64, 607-614, 2014.
- Fattoum, M. Arous, R. PEDICINI, A. Carbone, C. Charnay, “Conductivity and dielectric relaxation in crosslinked PVA by oxalic and citric acids”, Polymer Science, serie A, 57, 3, 321-329, 2015.
- Carbone, A. Saccà, R. PEDICINI, I. Gatto, E. Passalacqua, A. Romeo, L. Monsù Scolaro, M.A. Castriciano, “Composite sPEEK-TPyP membranes development for portable applications”, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 40, 17394-17401, 2015.
- PEDICINI, F. Matera, G. Giacoppo, I. Gatto, E. Passalacqua, “Performance assessment of an integrated PEFC and an hydrogen storage device based on innovative material”, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 40, 17388-17393, 2015.
- Saccà, A. Carbone, I. Gatto, R. PEDICINI, A. Patti, A. Freni, E. Passalacqua, “Composites Nafion-Titania Membranes for low relative humidity applications in a PEFC: chemical physical properties and electrochemical performance”, Polymer Testing, 56, 10-18, 2016.