RESEARCH GATE: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Alessandro_Stassi
ORCID ID: 0000-0002-4474-3688
Education Qualifications and Specializations:
PhD in Environmental and Energy Materials – University of Tor Vergata – Rome, 2010
Degree in Industrial Chemistry at the University of Messina, 2001
- Research and development of precious metals based electrocatalysts for their application on fuel cells and electrolysers, chemical-physical and electrochemical characterisations.
- Development of methods for the study of corrosion of electrocatalysts for their application on fuel cells in the automotive field.
- Design, realisation, and development of passive planar fuel cells operating at low temperature systems.
- E. Negro, A. Stassi, V. Baglio, A.S. Aricò, G.J.M. Koper; “Electrocatalytic activity and durability of Pt-decorated non-covalently functionalized graphitic structures” Catalysts, (2015) 5, 1622-1635.
- I. Gatto, A. Stassi, V. Baglio, A. Carbone, E. Passalacqua, A.S. Aricò, M. Schuster, B. Bauer; “Optimization of perfluorosulphonic ionomer amount in gas diffusion electrodes for PEMFC operation under automotive conditions”; Electrochimica Acta, 165 (2015), 450-455.
- C. Lo Vecchio, C. Alegre, D. Sebastián, A. Stassi, A.S. Aricò, V. Baglio; “Investigation of supported Pd-based electrocatalysts for the oxygen reduction reaction: Performance”; Materials, (2015) 8, 7997-8008.
- C. Alegre, A. Stassi, E. Modica, C. Lo Vecchio, A.S. Aricò, V. Baglio; “Investigation of the activity and stability of Pd-based catalysts towards the oxygen reduction (ORR) and evolution reactions (OER) in iron-air batteries”; RSC Advances, 5 (2015), 25424-25427.
- A. Stassi, I. Gatto, A. Saccà, V. Baglio, A.S. Aricò; “Enhancement of oxygen reduction and mitigation of ionomer dry-out using insoluble heteropoly acids in intermediate temperature polymer-electrolyte membrane fuel cells”;Energies, 8 (2015), 7805-7817.
- D. Sebastián, A. Stassi, S. Siracusano, C. Lo Vecchio, A.S. Aricò, V. Baglio; “Influence of metal oxide additives on the activity and stability of PtRu/C for methanol electro-oxidation”; Journal of the Electrochemical Society, 162 (2015), F713-F717.
- A. Stassi, I. Gatto, V. Baglio, A.S. Aricò; “Evaluation of Palladium-based electrocatalyst for oxygen reduction and hydrogen oxidation in intermediate temperature polymer electrolyte fuel cells” ; International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 39 (2014), 21581-21587.
- S. Siracusano, V. Baglio, A. Stassi, L. Merlo, E. Moukheiber, A.S. Aricò; “Performance analysis of short-side-chain Aquivion® perfluorosulfonic acid polymer for proton exchange membrane water electrolysis”; Journal of Membrane Science, 466 (2014), 1-7.
- A.S. Aricò, A. Stassi, C. D’Urso, D. Sebastián, V. Baglio; “Synthesis of Pd3Co1@Pt/C core-shell catalysts for methanol-tolerant cathodes of direct methanol fuel cells”; Chemistry – A European Journal, 20 (2014), 10679-10684.
- R.S. Amin, K.M. El-Khatib, S. Siracusano, V. Baglio, A. Stassi, A.S. Arico; “Metal oxide promoters for methanol electro-oxidation”; International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 39 (2014), 9782-9790.