link Research Gate: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Salvatore_Vasta
He studied Mechanical Engineering (Energy branch) at the University of Catania (ITALY) and graduated in 2001. He holds a Ph.D. in Materials and Chemical Engineering at the University of Messina (ITALY) in 2011. He joined as fellow researcher the CNR-ITAE, in Messina in 2001. Since 2011 he is Full Researcher at CNR-ITAE, carrying out research and projects development and management in the field of energy technologies with special regard to thermally-driven heat pumps, solar cooling and heat storage systems. He has been the scientific coordinator of research projects, including a H2020 project and several contracts with private national and foreign companies. He is author of four books chapters, about 70 papers on scientific journals and conference proceedings and about 50 technical reports. 39 papers are indexed on Scopus with about 720 citations and H-Index 13.
He participated as expert within the TASK 48, “Quality assurance and support measures for solar Cooling”, TASK53, “New Generation Solar Cooling & Heating Systems” and ANNEX30, “TES for Energy Management and CO2 mitigation” of SHC and ECES programs of IEA. As nominated expert of CNR he participates in the JP Energy Storage of European Energy Research Alliance (EERA).
Since 2016 he has been leading the research group on thermal technologies at CNR-ITAE. He is currently the scientific coordinator of a European H2020 project and several international industrial research contracts.
- Study on adsorption heat pumps, adsorption chillers, thermochemical storage systems and renewable source air conditioning systems, for both stationary and mobile applications.
- Definition of methodologies and standards for laboratory characterization and testing of thermal energy systems
- Study of advanced technologies for increased performance, efficiency and specific power of sorption chillers and storage systems.
– V. Brancato, L. G. Gordeeva, A. D. Grekova, A. Sapienza, S. Vasta, A. Frazzica, Y. I. Aristov, (2019) “Water adsorption equilibrium and dynamics of LICL/MWCNT/PVA composite for adsorptive heat storage”, Solar Energy Materials And Solar Cells, vol. 193, 2019, pages 133-140, ISSN: 0927-0248, doi: 10.1016/j.solmat.2019.01.001.
– S. Vasta, V. Brancato, D. La Rosa, V. Palomba, G. Restuccia, A. Sapienza, A. Frazzica, “Adsorption heat storage: State-of-the-art and future perspectives”, Nanomaterials, vol. 8, 522, 2018, ISSN: 2079-4991, doi: 10.3390/nano8070522.
– S. Vasta, V. Palomba, D. La Rosa, W. Mittelbach, “Adsorption-compression cascade cycles: An experimental study”, Energy Conversion And Management, vol. 156, 2018, p. 365-375, ISSN: 0196-8904, doi: 10.1016/j.enconman.2017.11.061.
– G. Di Bella, A. Sapienza, S. Vasta, G. Lombardo, “Design of a geothermal plant to heat a waterpark swimming pool: Case study of Tramutola (Basilicata, Italy)”. European Journal Of Electrical Engineering, vol. 20, 2018, p. 539-557, ISSN: 2103-3641, doi: 10.3166/EJEE.20.539-557.
– V. Palomba, M. Ferraro, A. Frazzica, S. Vasta, F. Sergi, V. Antonucci, “Experimental and numerical analysis of a SOFC-CHP system with adsorption and hybrid chillers for telecommunication applications”, Applied Energy, vol. 216, 2018, p. 620-633, ISSN: 0306-2619, doi: 10.1016/j.apenergy.2018.02.063.
– V. Brancato, L. G. Gordeeva, A. Sapienza, V. Palomba, S. Vasta, A. D. Grekova, A. Frazzica, Y. I. Aristov, “Experimental characterization of the LiCl/vermiculite composite for sorption heat storage applications”, International Journal Of Refrigeration, 2018, ISSN: 0140-7007, doi: 10.1016/j.ijrefrig.2018.08.006
– A. Sapienza, V. Palomba, G. Gullì, A. Frazzica, S. Vasta, “A new management strategy based on the reallocation of ads-/desorption times: Experimental operation of a full-scale 3 beds adsorption chiller”, Applied Energy, Volume 205, 1 November 2017, Pages 1081-1090, DOI: 10.1016/j.apenergy.2017.08.036.
– V. Palomba, M. Ferraro, A. Frazzica, S. Vasta, F. Sergi, V. Antonucci, “Dynamic simulation of a multi-generation system, for electric and cooling energy provision, employing a SOFC cogenerator and an adsorption chiller”, Energy Procedia, vol. 143, 2017, p. 416-423, ISSN: 1876-6102, doi: 10.1016/j.egypro.2017.12.705.
– S. Longo, V. Palomba, M. Beccali, M. Cellura, S. Vasta, “Energy balance and life cycle assessment of small size residential solar heating and cooling systems equipped with adsorption chillers”, Solar Energy, vol. 158, 2017, p. 543-558, ISSN: 0038-092X, doi: 10.1016/j.solener.2017.10.009.
– V. Palomba, M. Aprile, M. Motta, S. Vasta, “Study of sorption systems for application on low-emission fishing vessels”, Energy, Volume 134, 1 September 2017, Pages 554-565, DOI: 10.1016/j.energy.2017.06.079.
– V. Palomba, S. Vasta, A. Freni, “Experimental testing of AQSOA FAM Z02/water adsorption system for heat and cold storage”, Applied Thermal Engineering, Volume 124, September 2017, Pages 967-974, DOI: 10.1016/j.applthermaleng.2017.06.085.