Job Level CTER – V level
Link to Research Gate:
- Energy transformation turning chemical energy into electric energy through molten carbonate and direct methanol fuel cells (DMFC).
- Study of internal reforming processes in molten carbonate cells.
- Electrochemical characterisation of Pt/C and multifunctional Pt-Ru/C catalysts for oxygen reduction and electrochemical methanol oxidation in 5-50 cm2 single cell.
- Study of regenerative fuel cells and electrolysis systems.
- Development of anodes for solid oxides fuel cells.
- Solar energy conversion turning it into electric energy through photoelectrochemical and dye-sensitized photovoltaic systems:
The objective is to effectively lowering costs with respect to the current silicon photovoltaic solar panel. The activity concerns the development of components and devices for electrochemical cells, the chemical-physical, electric, optical, and electrochemical characterisation of materials, the design and realisation of devices as proof of concept.
- Preparation and characterisation of Titanium dioxide based semiconductors.
- Preparation and deposition of dye-sensitized agents.
- Electrochemical preparation and characterisation of Platinum and/or carbon counter-electrodes.
- Silkscreen deposition for spray and thermal activation methods.
- Development of photoelectrochemical cells based on the junction between electrode and electrolyte-semiconductor.
- Efficiency of photoconversion.
- 5.Hydrogen production through water photoelectrolysis in photoelectrochemical cells:
The systems employs an oxide semiconductor as photo-anode for the oxygen evolution, and a counter-electrode for the hydrogen evolution; this is how water photo-decomposition is obtained through electronic transition between different energetic status due to the solar energy adsorption.
- Study and characterisation of Titanium oxide based semiconductors employed as photoanodes in photoelectrolysis cells.
- Electrochemical methods for hydrogen production and usage.
- Development of the counter-electrode that is employed in the dye-sensitized solar cell (DSSC).
- Electrochemical characterisation of electrolites for DSSC cells.
- “Influence of TiO2 Film Thickness on the Electrochemical Behaviour of Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells”.Autori: V. Baglio, M. Girolamo, V. Antonucci, A. S. Arico’ International Journal of Electrochemical Science, 6 (2011):3375-3384
- “Investigation of low cost carbonaceous materials for application as counter electrode in dye-sensitized Solar Cells”. Denaro, V. Baglio, M. Girolamo, V. Antonucci, A. S. Arico’, F. Matteucci, R. Ornelas J Appl Electrochem (2009) 39:2173-2179
- “The influence of physico-chemical properties of bare Titania powders obtained from various synthesis routes on their photo-electrochemical performance”. Denaro, V. Baglio, M. Girolamo, V.Antonucci, A.S. AricòNeri, F. Deorsola, R. Ornelas, F. Matteucci, International Journal of Electrochemical Science 7 (2012) 2254 – 2275
- “Carbon nanofiber-based counter electrodes for low cost dye-sensitize solar cells”.Sebastián, V. Baglio , M. Girolamo, R. Moliner , M.J. Lázaro , A.S. Aricò Rivista: Journal of Power Sources (2014) 242-249
External Technical Relationships:
- R.E . n°10/14 Biannual Science Report (5° SAL) CNR-ITAE, Messina Unit “Study and testing of solar light photoconversion systems turning CO2 into methanol to be used as fuel ” Project FotoRiduCO2 , PON-Industria 2007-2013 D.D. n.1 18.01.10, prot. PON01_02257 Activity Period from July 2013 to December 2013 – February 2014 A.S. Aricò, D. Sebastian, A. Palella, M. Girolamo, O. Barbera, E. Modica, S.Siracusano, V. Baglio, L. Spadaro
- R.E. n°11/14 Science Report on the progress for the SAGRO project from 31/12/ 2012 to 31/ 12/2013. “Third Generation photovoltaic systems: development of Sicilian vegetal dye-sensitized solar cells” March 2014 Baglio, M. Girolamo, S. Siracusano, D. Sebastian, C. Alegre, M.G. Bottari, A.S. Aricò
- R.E. n°24/14 Study and testing of solar light photoconversion systems turning CO2 into methanol to be used as fuel. Biannual Science Report (6°SAL), CNR-ITAE Unit, Messina. FotoRiduCO2 Project, PON-Industria 2007-2013, D.D. n.1 18.01.10, prot. PON01_02257 Activity period from December 2013 to May 2014 June A.S. Aricò, D. Sebastian, A. Palella, M. Girolamo, O. Barbera, E. Modica, Siracusano, M. Minutoli, G. Monforte, V. Baglio, L. Spadaro.
- R.E. n°45/14 Development of innovative components for DSSC photovoltaic Thematic Group: Government, Development Management of National Electric System Project: Electrochemical systems for energy generation and storage Report PAR 2011-2012 July Maria Rita Girolamo, David Sebastian, Vincenzo Baglio, Vincenzo Antonucci, Antonino S. Aricò
- R.E. 10/2015 DELIVERABLE REPORT DURAMET PROJECT 1.3 “FINAL REPORT” A.S. Aricò, V. Baglio, C. D’Urso, D. Sebastian, O. Barbera, A. Stassi, S.C. Zignani, S. Siracusano, G. Giacoppo, F. Lufrano, I. Gatto, C. Lo Vecchio, E. Modica, G. Monforte, M. Girolamo – Authors’ affiliations: CNR-ITAE (Italy), CNRS (France), FUMATECH (Germany), Fiat Research Centre (Italy), Technical University of Munich (Germany), IRD Fuel Cells (Denmark), Polytechnic University of Turin (Italy), Pretexo (France), Joint Research Centre (The Netherlands)
- R.E. 11/2015 DELIVERABLE REPORT DURAMET PROJECT 1.4 “PUBLISHABLE REPORT” A.S. Aricò, V. Baglio, C. D’Urso, D. Sebastian, O. Barbera, A. Stassi, S.C. Zignani, S. Siracusano, G. Giacoppo, F. Lufrano, I. Gatto, C. Lo Vecchio, E. Modica, G. Monforte, M. Girolamo – Authors’ affiliations: CNR-ITAE (Italy), CNRS Montpellier (France), FUMATECH (Germany), CRF (Italy), TUM (Germany), IRD Fuel Cells (Denmark), Polytechnic University of Turin (Italy), Pretexo (France), JRC (The Netherlands)